Downsville Cob

Welcome to the Downsville Church of the Brethren BLOG site. The church is located in Downsville, MD. We are a conservative Christian community lifting up the Name of Jesus daily.

Name:
Location: Downsville, Maryland, United States

I am the Pastor of the Downsville Church of the Brethren. This BLOG was set up to allow for interchanges of views, questions, ideas or suggestions concerning the Evangelical Church. While I am a Pastor in the Church of the Brethren all faiths are welcome to join the discussions.

Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Entering Heaven with a fraudulent resume

Revelation 20:12 "...The dead were judged according to what they had done as recorded in the books."

When we reach the Judgment Seat of Christ and the Book of Life is opened we will be perpetrating a fraud. The Son of Man, seated at His Father's right hand will tell the whole world that there is nothing written in the Lambs Book of Life and that we have lived a blameless life. "Well done, my good and faithful servant" will reach our ears but we will know it's a lie. We will stand there silent - not protesting the obvious miscarriage of justice because we are getting off scott free. We will know that our resume contains all sorts of vile and despicable acts. But where are they in the Book? We listen to the list of degrading acts done by others before us and watch them being cast in the lake of fire. Some of the things they did weren't anywhere near as bad as what we did, were they? Why is my page blank?

The voice will tell me to step inside. The rags I will be wearing when I arrive will be replaced. The illnesses I have carried around with me for so many years will be gone. I don't deserve to be here, I will say.

But then, that hand, the one with the nail scars will take me by the shoulder and say - But, I forgave you when I paid your fare. Follow along and you will see the place I went to prepare for you.

Wilkie Nunn, Pastor, Downsville Church of the Brethren

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home