Downsville Cob

Welcome to the Downsville Church of the Brethren BLOG site. The church is located in Downsville, MD. We are a conservative Christian community lifting up the Name of Jesus daily.

Name:
Location: Downsville, Maryland, United States

I am the Pastor of the Downsville Church of the Brethren. This BLOG was set up to allow for interchanges of views, questions, ideas or suggestions concerning the Evangelical Church. While I am a Pastor in the Church of the Brethren all faiths are welcome to join the discussions.

Thursday, February 09, 2006

My Nose Itches...

What Did Jesus DO?

A number of years back I was in middle Pennsylvania helping to clean up after flooding. We were cleaning mud out of a room at a Methodist camp which, conveniently, had a small stream feeding down to the river which flooded. We would walk down to the stream, fill two buckets with clean(er) water and, start back up the slope with our load.

About half way up the slope my nose began to itch. At first I was just annoyed. "Why does it always happen when your hands are full?" I was on a slope so I couldn't set the buckets down without spilling them. I was annoyed!

I then began to wonder - Did Jesus nose itch while he was nailed to the Cross? How foolish of me to worry about my little annoyances when the Son of Man had suffered far more than I would ever understand. Of course He couldn't scratch His nose but He did far more - He paid the price for my petty transgressions. He paid the price for my worst sins. He paid the price.

Somehow my nose didn't itch quite so badly then.

Wilkie Nunn, Pastor, Downsville CoB

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home